Explore the world famous Dingle town and Slea Head with an amazing self guided cycling tour of the spectacular peninsula.
Our first stop off is at Inch beach, famous for being the place where an inch is actually three miles long. Heading due west to the edge of Europe, we arrive in Dingle town where you will hop on your bicycle to experience the impressive Slea Head peninsula. Feast your eyes on breath-taking scenery of wild rugged coastline, golden beaches and the magnificent Blasket Islands.
Take the opportunity to have some down time in Dingle town, a picturesque fishing town that is famed for Fungi the dolphin who has been a local for almost 30 years, before making our return journey to Killarney.
- Inch Beach – A beautiful golden strand that offers spectacular views of Dingle Bay.
- Slea Head – Considered one of Ireland’s most westerly points with dramatic views of the Skellig and Blasket Islands.
- Coumeenoole & Dunmore Head – A stunning location with wonderful views of Coumeenoole Bay and the Blasket Islands.
- Blasket Island Visitor Centre – An interpretation centre that tells the story of the Gaelic speaking community that lived on the island until 1953.
- Gallarus Oratory – One of the most famous landmarks on the Dingle Peninsula and is completely made of stone and some way it resembles an upturned boat.
- Dingle Town – Lunch and explore the colourful town of Dingle.
- Annascaul – Home to Ireland’s Antarctic Explorer, Tom Crean
- Aghadoe – a picturesque viewing point that overlooks the Lakes of Killarney with remarkable Celtic history.
||Discover Ireland Centre, Beech Road, Killarney, Co. Kerry.
||Wednesday, Friday and Sunday
||9:00 AM – 18:00 PM (Please arrive 15 minutes before departure time)
|WHAT TO BRING
- A pair of suitable trainers/walking boots
- Rain jacket/trousers
- Warm fleece
- Hat and gloves
- Food and water e.g. snacks, water (1 litre approx).
|Professional and experienced guide
||Dingle Day Tour
|Bus transfer from and to Killarney
||Bicycle and helmet hire
Photos of your tour
|Any activities/services not listed on itinerary